Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mourning my baby boy

As most have seen on FB, I lost Conan in a tragic accident that I could have prevented.


I am so mad at myself, I know it's an accident but...
Conan belonged to the Innocents of this world, something like that. This shouldn't have happened.

He felt on Friday evening from the 5th floor.
Crashed, mewed.
Lola screamed, I was working. I rushed down the stairs. Found him there scared, hiding behind the fence.
I took him back upstairs. Said to the kids he seemed in shock.

Lola had him in her arms for a couple of minutes. Then he started to breathe in a unusual way, his eyes looking weird.

I asked Lola to give him back to me, put him on my knees. He wasn't comfortable. He wanted to move. I put him down, he made a few steps. He started to spit blood and pieces of whatever from his insides. I told the kids to go to the neighbours, fast fast. I went with them to explain, it took a few seconds.

I came back and my baby was lying in his own blood, tongue out, eyes empty. There were really blood everywhere around him.
I called my sister, she would help me. But she was unreachable. I called my mom, I collapsed on the phone, I did not know what to do, I was screaming, panicking. Desperate. Sounds childish, I don't know. But I felt like someone was stabbing my heart, couldn't breathe.

A neighbour joined, I think he was more shocked than I already was.
I took a trash bag, put my baby into it. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
My neighbour took him down to the cellar.

I went to look for the kids. I explained them, they already knew anyway. we all cried quietly for long minutes, holding each other.
Once they were in (my) bed, Loup fell asleep while crying, and I said to Lola I had to go to the veterinary for a few minutes (he is just at the corner of the street, working night and day).
So there I was, walking by midnight with my dead kitty in a bag. I cried in front of the veterinary, couldn't help. He understood of course. He had prepared all the papers to take care of the body of my baby.

What an awful evening. I felt I had failed my Conan. Guilt is selfish, it's not what matters. My baby was gone in a few minutes. * Sigh *

Sorry if I talk a lot, I had to do it. Love you my lil Conan, king of the kittyworld, or red carpet : )





8 comments:

  1. Oh Candy! Poor little you :-( A big hug :'-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you for your words here, and there too : )) big hug welcome and shared

      Delete
  2. Ohh, no, I've only just seen this news, how dreadful, for all you. If I could, I'd wrap you all up in the warmest hug, but all I can do is send you the warmest thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take your warmest hug in my warmest thoughts, thank you Peter : )))

      Delete
  3. Je ne sais pas quoi dire sinon que je pense à toi et aux enfants et que je suis triste pour vous. Bises affectueuses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu as les mots justes, comme d'habitude Jenny : )) merci jolie miss

      Delete
  4. Oh shit. I'm so sorry, it sounds really traumatic. Not that it is ever easy but man. I wish you all well.

    Laurienna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh Laurienna : )) Yeah been traumatic, that's the word. I'm reconstructing my life and my babes of course, and also my kitties, are my lil world. I want to protect them all the best I can. I failed for one of my kitty. Life sometimes...

      Delete